Supplier Item Manager
Build the connection between Engineering and Sourcing with the Supplier Item Manager Role which will streamline external component introduction, approval and qualification process.
The ENOVIA 3DEXPERIENCE Supplier Item Manager (XSP-OC) Role allows Component Managers to create and qualify Sourced Component and leverage a standardized Component Request Process.
From a Component and Sourcing perspective, the Supplier Item Manager role allows sourced component (Manufacturer Equivalent Item) management and connection with equivalent Engineering Definition and enables Qualification of sourced components in context of Engineering, Program, Plant usage.
From an Engineering perspective, the Supplier Item Manager role encourages the reuse of approved components and provides visibility to designers or product managers for improved decision making when deciding whether to use a component in a design.
Supplier Item Manager Benefits
- Facilitate the process of approving and qualifying Manufacturer Equivalent Items in a centralized system to ensure new components are aligned with Sourcing and Engineering strategies.
- Expedite the new component request review and disposition process by enabling the configuration of request templates through addition of appropriate users and key information.
- Improve compliance of where components are allowed to be used by enabling equivalence qualifications.
Supplier Item Manager Highlights
- Component Management:
- Create and Manage Manufacturer Equivalent Item (MEI).
- Create and Manage Qualifications (General, Equivalent, Context) to describe authorized usages of MEIs.
- Check MEIs and their validity for an Engineering Item or Assembly.
- Component Governance:
- Create and Manage Component Request (Introduction, Modification, External Change).
- Create and Manage Component Request Template to specialize process by request type and impacted component types.
Included 3DEXPERIENCE Apps
- Component Request Administration.
- Supplier Item Qualification.
ENOVIA PLM software is the product lifecycle management backbone of the Dassault Systèmes portfolio, used by many of the world's largest and most technically advanced manufacturing enterprises to streamline their organization.
3DEXPERIENCE Role FAQs
ENOVIA 3DEXERIENCE Advantage
Connect with other 3DEXERIENCE roles and take advantage of the virtual twin for the entire enterprise
Natively built for the cloud and also available on premises, ENOVIA spans the full spectrum from very small clients to customers with thousands of users.
This ‘infinite’ scalability is driving exponential adoption across all engagement models, letting clients plan and sustain their growth and address their evolving business needs.
Cloud is driving the ability to scale, drastically reducing the distance and time between technology decision and value realization, letting companies take continuous advantages of enhancements & scope extension every 8 weeks. Cloud adoption is now a reality for all sizes of clients.
Go beyond PLM
ENOVIA powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform goes beyond PLM, connecting people, ideas and data from across the value network into a single collaborative environment that transforms the way you do business.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.
Interested in the Supplier Item Manager 3DEXPERIENCE Role?
Contact us and get your questions answered today.
US 440.257.7460 | UK 01926.333777