What are the Structural Simulation tools used for?
The structural analysis tools use the Finite Element Method (FEM) and related technologies to understand how products and assemblies behave under real-world loading and temperature conditions.
The SIMULIA portfolio in the structure's domain includes Abaqus, fe-safe, and Tosca Structure technologies
- Abaqus is a market- and technology-leader in linear and nonlinear finite element analysis. Both implicit and explicit solution techniques are available and are complementary.
- Fe-safe technology provides modern algorithms for durability and fatigue life cycle predictions.
- Tosca Structure technology provides the ability to optimize the 3D shape and topology of your part to reduce weight and improve strength and stiffness.
These technologies are well known for their power, flexibility, feature set, and solution performance on modern HPC compute architectures including GPUs and Cloud.
Key benefits include:
- Utilizes fe-safe and Abaqus technology to evaluate the structural performance of items under a variety of loading circumstances
- Delivers a distinctive design workflow for modeling and simulation in a user-friendly interface that is directly connected to the design geometry in CATIA or SOLIDWORKS
- Gives users access to a variety of capabilities, ranging from a straightforward linear analysis of a single component to a full simulation of the entire assembly with contact and other nonlinearities
Explore the SIMULIA Structural Analysis Suite
Structures on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
A comprehensive set of Structural Analysis solutions using Abaqus FEA to guide design decisions and improve product performance and quality
3DEXPERIENCE Works Structures
3DEXPERIENCE Works Simulation gives novices and experts alike the power to perform complex Structures analyses to validate product designs and make better-informed product decisions faster.
The Abaqus Unified FEA product suite offers powerful solutions for both routine and sophisticated engineering problems covering a vast spectrum of industrial applications.
Isight and the SIMULIA Execution Engine are used to combine multiple cross-disciplinary models and applications together in a simulation process flow, automate their execution across distributed compute resources, explore the resulting design space, and identify the optimal design parameters subject to required constraints.
The fe-safe suite of software is world-leading technology for durability analysis from FEA, directly interfacing to all major FEA suites and its capabilities have been developed to meet the most demanding industry applications.
The Tosca optimization suite provides fast and powerful structural and flow optimization solutions based on FEA and CFD simulations and consists of two products: Tosca Structure is for optimized structural designs, and Tosca Fluid provides optimized fluid flow design concepts.