What is SIMULIA CST STUDIO?
The SIMULIA CST Studio is a high-performance 3D electromagnetic analysis software package for designing, analyzing, and optimizing electromagnetic (EM) components and systems.
Used by leading technology and engineering companies around the world, CST Studio offers considerable product-to-market advantages, through facilitating shorter development cycles, and reduced costs.
- Electromagnetic Simulation
- From statics to high frequency
- Specialized solvers for applications such as motors,
circuit boards, cable harnesses and filters
- Coupled simulation: System-level, hybrid,
multiphysics, EM/circuit co-simulation
- Advanced Modeling, Schematics, and Post-Processing
- High-Performance Computing and Automatic Optimisation
- Connected Simulation with the other solutions and the wider SIMULIA portfolio
Straightforward EM Simulation
A Single Interface for Electromagnetic Field Simulation
The SIMULIA CST Studio incorporates EM solvers for applications across the electromagnetic spectrum into a single user interface. The solvers can be coupled to perform hybrid simulations, giving engineers the flexibility to analyze whole systems made up of multiple components in an efficient and straightforward way.
Common Uses include the EM analysis of:
- Performance and Efficiency of Antennas and Filters
- Electromagnetic Compatibility and Interference
- Exposure of the Human Body to Electromagnetic Fields
- Electro-mechanical effects in Motors and Generators
- Thermal Effects in High-Power Devices
Electromagnetic Systems modelling with SIMULIA CST Studio
With System Assembly and Modelling (SAM), SIMULIA CST Studio provides an environment that simplifies the management of simulation projects, enabling the intuitive construction of electromagnetic (EM) systems and management of complex simulation flows using schematic modelling.
This framework can be used for analyzing and optimizing an entire device that consists of multiple individual components. These are described by relevant physical quantities such as currents, fields, or S-parameters. SAM enables the use of the most efficient solver technology for each component.
Automatic Optimisation with SIMULIA CST Studio
SIMULIA CST Studio contains several automatic optimisation algorithms, both local and global. Local optimisers provide fast convergence but risk converging to a local minimum rather than the overall best solution. On the other hand, global optimisers search the entire problem space but typically require more calculations.
SIMULIA CST Studio Optimisers:
- Covariance Matrix Adaptation Evolutionary Strategy
- Trust Region Framework (TRF)
- Genetic Algorithm
- Particle Swam Optimisation
- Nelder Mead Simplex Algorithm
- Interpolated Quasi Newton
- Classic Powell
- Decap Optimisation