What is Wave6?
Wave6 is a Vibro-Acoustic and Aero-Vibro Acoustic simulation package that offers unique analysis methods for simulating noise and vibration across the whole audible frequency range in an efficient and precise manner.
These approaches are combined into a single engine and are governed by a single license. This allows you to combine approaches in the same model and efficiently assess noise and vibration problems in ways that other software packages just cannot.
By incorporating Wave6 into your design process, you can ensure that noise and vibration performance is embedded into your product at the design stage, lowering the chance of costly noise and vibration discoveries.
What are the key features of Wave6?
- Aero-acoustics of exterior flow noise from a rigid structure
- Vibro-acoustics via airborne and structure-borne transmission paths
- Aero-vibro-acoustics of interior wind noise due to fluctuating surface pressures
- Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) methods for analyzing vibro-acoustic response of components at mid and high frequencies and wave propagation through arbitrary cross-sections
- Structural finite elements for analyzing vibration of components at low frequencies
- Acoustic Boundary Elements for simulating acoustic wave propagation in bounded or unbounded acoustic spaces at low frequencies
- Acoustic finite elements for describing the response of bounded acoustic spaces at low frequencies
- Linear and quadratic acoustic elements account for variations in acoustic properties due to temperature and pressure variations computed using CFD