Structural Performance Engineer
Assess the structural performance of products in nonlinear static and dynamic environments for informed engineering decisions using the Structural Performance Engineer Role
The SIMULIA 3DEXPERIENCE Structural Performance Engineer (SFO-OC) Role enables product engineers to conduct structural linear and nonlinear static, frequency, buckling, modal dynamic response, and structural thermal simulation of parts and assemblies on the cloud-based 3DEXPERIENCE® platform.
Structural Performance Engineer boosts innovation in product engineering and foster collaboration through fast, realistic and accurate simulation with Abaqus technology, leader in the structural analysis industry.
Structural Performance Engineer Benefits
- Provide Product Engineers powerful and intuitive tools needed to perform sophisticated structural simulations during the design process.
- Experience efficient what if scenarios through seamless associativity/integration with geometry.
- Delivers unique engineering workflow with an access to robust simulation technology within an intuitive interface.
- Offers multistep structural scenarios for product performance and quality testing during the product design process.
- Offers local and cloud compute with embedded compute up to 8 cores, removing hardware barriers for all.
- Accelerate structural performance simulation with unique automated model creation for large assemblies.
- Enables high performance results visualization, particularly for very large models.
Structural Performance Engineer Highlights
- Linear and Nonlinear Static, Frequency, Buckling, Thermal and Modal Dynamic analysis types.
- Unique and Powerful contact (surface pairs, detection, general contact and initialization) definition.
- Advanced and wide nonlinear material models including engineering plasticity for metals and hyper elasticity for rubber.
- High quality meshing including rule-based meshing.
- Automated model creation for large assemblies.
- Multi-level Assembly of FEM representations for large configured models.
- Analysis of sequential loading events in a single simulation (multi-step analysis).
- Parametric Design Study essential app – to perform single objective study identifying the best design.
- High-performance results post-processing.
- Embedded local compute up to 8 cores for local and cloud compute.
World class Abaqus technology
Structural Performance Engineer delivers proven world class Abaqus technology in a seamless and powerful user interface on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform so that design engineers can get the benefits of virtual testing for informed technical decisions-makings. It offers:
- Analysis of sequential loading events (multi-step analysis).
- Linear and nonlinear structural static analysis.
- Thermal, coupled and sequential thermal-structural analysis.
- Dynamic response analysis including frequency, modal transient and modal harmonic analysis, as well as complex eigenvalue extraction.
- Advanced nonlinear material options including engineering plasticity for metals and hyperelasticity for rubber.
- Simulation of realistic behavior under a variety of structural loading and boundary conditions.
- Robust meshing tools, including rule-based meshing, with 1D, 2D, and 3D elements.
- Advanced capabilities for deformable, intermittent contact (surface pairs, automatic detection, general contact and initialization) between parts and assemblies.
- A wide selection of connection and connector options for modeling fasteners and mechanisms.
- Efficient post processing and reporting tools to interpret, understand and share product behavior and validation.
Simulation management and collaboration leveraging cloud computing on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
Simulation is managed as a core value of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform through the capture, management, and re-use of simulation IP allowing it to become a true corporate asset.
The 3D Space of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform offers for all users simplified and powerful management of data and content. The embedded 3D Search enables engineers to easily find data such as geometry, material and simulation models improving productivity.
SIMULIA software accelerates the process of evaluating the performance, reliability and safety of materials and products before committing to physical prototypes.
3DEXPERIENCE Role FAQs
SIMULIA 3DEXERIENCE Advantage
Connect with other 3DEXERIENCE roles and take advantage of cloud-computing power for your analysis
Interaction between CAD & PLM
With Structural Performance Engineer, users build simulation models directly on the design geometry.
Tight associativity with CATIA and SOLIDWORKS means that simulation and CAD always remain synchronized even after design changes. It provides access to advanced simulation technology within a consistent and intuitive interface.
Visualization tools support efficient post-processing of large-scale simulation data including an option to use remote machines for rendering and visualization computation.
Structural Performance Engineer enables interrogation of realistic simulation results with speed, clarity, and control for enhanced decision making.
High Performance Computing
Extensive tools and controls for results display can be used for advanced and collaborative post-processing while utilizing High Performance Computing (HPC) resources to perform results visualization.
Simulation Review application offers Web based visualization of the geometry and simulation results for a unique collaborative experience around Simulation assets.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.
Interested in the Structural Performance Engineer 3DEXPERIENCE Role?
Contact us and get your questions answered today.
US 440.257.7460 | UK 01926.333777