The Structural Engineer Role on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform provides design engineers powerful and intuitive software tools needed to perform linear structural simulations during the design process
The SIMULIA 3DEXPERIENCE Structural Engineer (SLL) Role equips the Design Engineer with all the tools needed to efficiently conduct structural linear static, frequency, buckling, steady-state thermal simulation and modal dynamic response of product designs within 3DEXPERIENCE.
It provides unique capabilities to collaborate, simulate, and impact product development processes throughout the extended enterprise using state-of-the-art Abaqus simulation technology, ensuring accuracy of the virtual testing.
Specifically targeting all Design Engineers looking for an intuitive, fast and efficient simulation solution, Structural Engineer role delivers proven world-class Abaqus Realistic Simulation technology in a seamless and intuitive user interface within 3DEXPERIENCE.
Empowered with the right combination of functionalities, speed of computation with linear approach and easy to use solution, Design Engineers can easily get all the benefits of virtual testing for informed technical decisions.
The Engineering process is made of multiple iterations, of ‘what ‘if’ scenario Design Engineers have in mind. The full associativity with CATIA and SOLIDWORKS (additional roles required) enables users to run seamless design iterations based on simulation results, for higher productivity and better decisions.
Structural Engineer includes modal dynamic response simulation capability. Vibration behavior can be simulated to avoid resonance problems by knowing natural frequencies and avoid critical flaws on product behavior.
Structural Engineer includes the Physics Results Explorer application for powerful post processing capabilities. It empowers users in understanding the simulation results easily, assess design change impact on product performance and communicate with product development stakeholders with Simulation assets.
Structural Engineer (SLL) includes embedded compute licensing allowing routine execution of one concurrent simulation job on up to 4 cores. Embedded compute is inseparable from its associated role. Access to embedded compute follows the same Named User or Concurrent license model as the role it is associated with. It offers both local and cloud compute up to 4 cores.
Structural Engineer Benefits
Structural Engineer has been designed with the design engineer in mind so all Design Engineers can assess Product Performance easily during the design process.
Empowered by the 3DEXPERIENCE, Structural Engineer helps improve product engineering and foster collaboration with all the stakeholders of the Product development team in a collaborative and interactive environment.
- Provide efficient and intuitive tools needed to perform linear structural simulations using best-in-class Abaqus simulation technology.
- Structural Engineer role offers the value of virtual testing to all Design Engineers
- The integration of Structural Engineer in the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform permits seamless design iteration based on simulation results.
- Delivers access to sophisticated simulation technology within an intuitive interface
- An intuitive assistant guides users in the simulation set up ensuring fast adoption and reducing learning curve
- Provides fast access to simulation results, in the linear domain, fostering product innovation and engineering collaboration
- More time efficient looking for geometry, part or assembly information, fastener data, etc. thanks to the collaborative nature of 3D
- Simulation is managed as a core value of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform allowing simulation IP to become a true corporate asset, unlike existing standalone Specialist tools
- Offers linear structural scenarios for product performance and quality testing during the product design process
- Determine the strength of a product designed by reporting stress and deformations distribution
- Improve designs at risk for resonance and other dynamic effects
- Predict temperature distribution within a design due to steady-state thermal loading
- Enables high performance results visualization, particularly for very large models
- Interrogation of realistic simulation results with speed, clarity, and control on the desktop for enhanced decision making.
- High performance visualization tools enable efficient post-processing of large-scale simulation data including an option to use remote machines for rendering and visualization computation.
Structural Engineer Highlights
- Fully integrated with 3DEXPERIENCE Design/Engineering and Simulation product suite for a productive workflow and a scalable portfolio for all manufacturing companies.
- By using the Designer’s familiar environment, training burdens are reduced and efficiency is increased
- Works hand-in-hand with Structural Designer Role (SRD) by allowing the Product Engineers to directly open models built in Structural Designer
- Streamlined workflow with CATIA V5 and SOLIDWORKS Connected
- Design Engineers can easily consume design data for product performance assessment.
- 3D CAD Data import in 3DEXPERIENCE Platform for 3D Design simulation
- 3D XML Files
- SOLIDWORKS Files
- CATIA Files (requires Design and Engineering role)
- Neutral CAD format such as IGES or STP
- Other CAD files by xCAD translator
- Linear simulation setup for structural and steady-state thermal analysis
- Provides interactive access to common functionality in Abaqus
- Linear Static, Frequency, Buckling, Steady-state Thermal and Modal Dynamic analysis types
- Realistic behavior Simulation under structural loading conditions
- All common loading and boundary condition types are available
- Contact (surface pairs, detection) definition
- Powerful General Contact capability for fast contact set up in large assembly
- Parts within an assembly can be defined to be initially in contact
- Deformable, intermittent contact between parts and assemblies
- Parts within an assembly can move into and out of contact with each other according to the loading
- High quality meshing directly on the design geometry, including rule-based meshing
- High quality solid and shell meshes can be created using meshing tools. Multiple mesh representations can be generated, managed, and used for various types of simulation.
- Meshes are strongly associated with the geometry and can be easily updated following geometric modifications without the need for recreation of attributes.
- Mesh visualization and quality check tools are available.
- Automatic mesh generation, including mesh export
- Automatic mesh generation with tetrahedral elements is provided, including specification of element type.
- The generated mesh can be exported in Abaqus (.inp) or Nastran (.bdf) formats.
- Parametric Design Study essential app – to perform single objective study identifying the best design
- Local and Cloud compute available for all, removing hardware barriers
- Efficient post processing tools to interpret and understand product behavior
- Report Generator
- Contour/Vector/IsoSurface Displays
- XY Plotting
- Animation/Cut Plane.
- High-performance results post-processing
- Efficient post-processing for the largest of simulation models using distributed HPC resources
- Leverages proven Abaqus technology
- Accurate structural and thermal simulations in an intuitive workflow
SIMULIA software accelerates the process of evaluating the performance, reliability and safety of materials and products before committing to physical prototypes.
3DEXPERIENCE Role FAQs
SIMULIA 3DEXERIENCE Advantage
Connect with other 3DEXERIENCE roles and take advantage of cloud-computing power for your analysis
Interaction between CAD & PLM
With Structural Performance Engineer, users build simulation models directly on the design geometry.
Tight associativity with CATIA and SOLIDWORKS means that simulation and CAD always remain synchronized even after design changes. It provides access to advanced simulation technology within a consistent and intuitive interface.
Visualization tools support efficient post-processing of large-scale simulation data including an option to use remote machines for rendering and visualization computation.
Structural Engineer enables interrogation of realistic simulation results with speed, clarity, and control for enhanced decision making.
High Performance Computing
Extensive tools and controls for results display can be used for advanced and collaborative post-processing while utilizing High Performance Computing (HPC) resources to perform results visualization.
Simulation Review application offers Web based visualization of the geometry and simulation results for a unique collaborative experience around Simulation assets.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.
Interested in the Structural Engineer 3DEXPERIENCE Role?
Contact us and get your questions answered today.
US 440.257.7460 | UK 01926.333777