Multidisciplinary Optimization Engineer
Drive innovation by exploring and evaluating a significant number of design alternatives across the complete range of operating scenarios to efficiently make better decisions and find optimal solutions using the Multidisciplinary Optimization Engineer Role
The SIMULIA 3DEXPERIENCE Multidisciplinary Optimization Engineer (MDO) Role provides a framework for engineers to understand and improve the performance and robustness of their designs through design alternatives and exploration.
Users can leverage parameter and sensitivity studies to understand and identify unexpected behavior or the effects on their design by varying inputs. Design robustness can be assessed through uncertainty quantification to evaluate the influence of variability. Optimization of detailed or surrogate models can be leveraged to predict meet performance targets from multiple performance objectives and constraints.
Engineers often lack comprehensive information about how to meet the vast number of conflicting and competing design requirements that are frequently managed across different teams with a multitude of tools. Whether improving the performance of a part or a complex multidisciplinary system, making the right decisions early in the process has a direct impact on the success of a design and its cost.
To further leverage simulation and physical test data, a user can abstract data into surrogate models using advanced analytic methods. Surrogate models on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform allow for traceability and interchangeability with other Dassault Systèmes applications, enabling faster design exploration, accelerated innovation, and better decisions.
Dedicated functionality for data post-processing enables users to transform and extract value from large amounts of data. Teams of decision-makers can unlock their data to collaboratively answer questions, such as, “What if?”, “What is my best option?” to explicitly and transparently evaluate scenarios, verify requirements, and assess feasibility while retaining decision history and reference material.
Rather than validating a single design, users can evaluate the full range of design alternatives and collaboratively resolve conflicts between performance targets through trade-off analytics to identify the best design.
Multidisciplinary Optimization Engineer Benefits
- Investigate the relationships between design parameters and their influence on performance objectives to improve the efficiency of design exploration.
- Systematically explore variations of design parameters through optimization to identify the best design that satisfies requirements.
- Assess the influence of variability to reduce the probability of design failures.
- Gain comprehensive insight into the entire design space with visualization tools that enable trade-off across conflicting objectives.
- Enable intelligent decision-making collaboratively across the organization.
Multidisciplinary Optimization Engineer Highlights
- Design Exploration Algorithms
- Industry standard algorithms for Design of Experiments, Parametric Optimization, Surrogate Model Generation, and Uncertainty Quantification.
- Algorithms tuned for high-performance environments to leverage available compute resources.
- Visual Analytics
- Rapidly merge, post-process, and visualize large data using interactive visualizations.
- Further examine design exploration results via images and 3D lightweight visualization.
- Decision Traceability
- Collaboratively evaluate options using explicit, customizable ranking engine, preference elicitation, and customizable analysis workflow.
- Utilize, modify, and cascade requirements.
- Platform Integration
- Analyze any object, validate against requirements, and share decisions on 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
- Manage traceable approximation objects for further and faster design exploration.
3DEXPERIENCE Role FAQs
SIMULIA 3DEXERIENCE Advantage
Connect with other 3DEXERIENCE roles and take advantage of cloud-computing power for your analysis
Interaction between CAD & PLM
With Structural Performance Engineer, users build simulation models directly on the design geometry.
Tight associativity with CATIA and SOLIDWORKS means that simulation and CAD always remain synchronized even after design changes. It provides access to advanced simulation technology within a consistent and intuitive interface.
Visualization tools support efficient post-processing of large-scale simulation data including an option to use remote machines for rendering and visualization computation.
Multidisciplinary Optimization Engineer enables interrogation of realistic simulation results with speed, clarity, and control for enhanced decision making.
High Performance Computing
Extensive tools and controls for results display can be used for advanced and collaborative post-processing while utilizing High Performance Computing (HPC) resources to perform results visualization.
Simulation Review application offers Web based visualization of the geometry and simulation results for a unique collaborative experience around Simulation assets.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.
Interested in the Multidisciplinary Optimization Engineer 3DEXPERIENCE Role?
Contact us and get your questions answered today.
US 440.257.7460 | UK 01926.333777