The DELMIA Ergonomics Specialist (EEA) Role helps product designers to elevate user experience of their design by integrating ergonomics requirements early in product design phase.
It also helps planners to eliminate many human factors risks associated with a workplace when still in the virtual world. Users can create accurate virtual manikins with standard anthropometry (human body dimensions). Designers and planners can place them in a 3D model to evaluate human interactions and accommodation for their product or workplace design. EEA delivers a wide range of manipulation and analysis tools to make ergonomics assessment accessible to 3DEXPERIENCE® users.
Ergonomics Specialist Benefits
Evaluate human accommodation as part of any design workflow
- Rapidly evaluate workplace and product designs, with Integration of human factors and ergonomics requirements
- EEA makes it simple to insert a lifelike manikin into a 3D model. Non-ergonomics users that are expert in product and workplace design can easily evaluate the way humans will interact with physical environments.
- Detect potential for work-related injuries early in the design process
- EEA enables users to find potential ergonomic issues early in a product or workplace design phase. They can recommend design changes at a time when change is easier and the cost is low. When issues are detected, users can seamlessly collaborate with other stakeholders to find the best solution
- Capture and re-use ergonomic enterprise standards
- Each manikin, including its attributes and skills, can be saved for use in future evaluation scenarios. This saves time and effort for downstream users while capturing company know how
Ergonomics Specialist Highlights
- Easily manipulate manikins
- Any part of the manikin’s body can be selected and moved using the corresponding manipulator––inverse or forward kinematics. Planners can define the way manikins reach and grasp any object. These pre-defined human skills can be re-used for similar objects in the same virtual model
- Enhanced experience for Posturing Capabilities
- Creating Human Postures is the key to proper ergonomics evaluations and analysis. The posturing commands are provided at the right time, with the proper body parts selections. As the user intends to move a specific part of the manikin, the commands to do so are automatically provided and optimized for usage.
- Manikin population switching
- Manikin populations can be switched anytime. For example: a user can define a posture for a 95th percentile American male, then determine if a 95th percentile Japanese male would be able to reach the objects. Supported populations include the United States American Civilian, an older American Military database, and databases for Canada, France, Japan and Korea. Users can also import their own customized population database.
- Assess manikin vision
- The manikin vision assessment capability provides a separate vision window that displays the field of vision from the manikin’s eyes, including line of sight, vision cones and field of view. They’re customizable to simulate vision limits created by equipment such as helmets.
- Biomechanics analysis
- Based on the manikin’s position and the specified weight of an object on the manikin’s segments, this analysis will calculate the moments and forces being applied to each joint. It will also determine the percentage of the manikin’s population that will be unable to perform this action.
- Push, pull, and carry analysis
- EEA provides push, pull, and carry analysis with the Snook and Ciriello equations. Distance and population samples are used as input to provide a maximum acceptable carrying weight. The pushing-pulling force can be compared to what is considered a safe force for the activity
- Lifting and lowering analysis
- EEA lifting and lowering analysis utilizes the NIOSH 1981/1991 as well as the Snook and Ciriello guidelines. Duration, frequency, the lifting posture start and finish, and coupling conditions are used as input to provide recommended and maximum weight of the object to be lifted. The analysis results can be exported in a text or HTML format
- Rapid upper limb assessment
- In workplace design, planners can detect work-related upper-limb disorder risks using the Rapid Upper Limb Assessment (RULA) survey. RULA is a screening tool that assesses biomechanical and postural workload on the whole body with particular attention to the neck, trunk, and upper limbs. Color-coded analysis results are displayed on the manikin’s upper body segments––the neck, trunk, wrists, and arms. A RULA report can be generated and exported in text or HTML format
- Clash Analysis Availability
- While creating Postures, it is crucial to understand if the manikin is clashing with its environment. The capability to evaluate clash is provided in a constant fashion during the usage of any of the posture commands. The user can choose to visualize the clash, and even stop the body part’s movement if a clash is found
- Manage manikin attribute data
- Users can efficiently store and reuse key properties, postures and attributes using searchable data libraries
3DEXPERIENCE Role FAQs
DELMIA 3DEXERIENCE Advantage
Connect with other 3DEXERIENCE roles and take advantage of the virtual twin for the entire enterprise
DELMIA 3DEXPERIENCE Operations vision that enables a common understanding for all stakeholders.
This solution provides a holistic, model-based, and data-driven digital backbone that breaks down the silos between diverse functional users from engineering, operations, and supply chain.
Combine Virtual and Real worlds
Virtual Twin Experience on the cloud is an executable virtual model of a physical system which brings in learning and experiences taken from the real world processes to update the digital twin model.
Achieving this closed-loop capability is the full realization of benefits to be gained from the convergence of the Virtual and Real Worlds
Manufacturing Line Design
Manufacturers of any size can adopt new processes and systems that reduce design incompatibilities between sales and engineering.
Using DELMIA 3D technology in a single platform, OEM line manufacturers can demonstrate the final product design and performance in an immersive experience that raises the customer’s level of satisfaction.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.
Interested in the Ergonomics Specialist 3DEXPERIENCE Role?
Contact us and get your questions answered today.
US 440.257.7460 | UK 01926.333777