Composite Structures Analysis Engineer
Perform detailed simulation of composite structures for stiffness, strength, manufacturability, and damage tolerance, while optimizing weight and performance using the Composite Structures Analysis Engineer Role
The SIMULIA 3DEXPERIENCE Composite Structures Analysis Engineer (SNE-OC) Role brings end-to-end composite layup designs, material modeling, cut section evaluation – to composite product mesh and assembly, and ultimately composite product performance – to meet or exceed your product minimum weight and high strength requirements – all in 3DEXPERIENCE.
Composite Structures Analysis Engineer offers additions and distinguishes from other major roles as follows:
- Adds Composites Model Creation app to Structural Analysis Engineer (SYE)
- Upgrades to Mechanical Scenario app (from Structural Scenario), and adds Fatigue and Nastran Converter app, to Composite Structures Performance Engineer role (CYE).
Composite structures play a vital role in products for lightweight strength and durability. The Aerospace and Defense industry has led many breakthroughs with composites design in military and commercial aircraft, and all future aircraft programs. Composites are predominant in other industries, for boat and ship hulls, recreational vehicles, and sports equipment. Composite materials are used in the next generation of electric vehicles, and increasingly applied in medical products, high tech components, industrial building materials, etc.
To meet these demands and be competitive, manufacturers need to empower their Product Engineering teams with an integrated platform for composite structures design, modeling, and simulation. Dassault Systemes has been a leader in composites design and modeling, starting with its CATIA Composite Design and Manufacturing apps, and SIMULIA Composite enablement app for meshing, modeling, and analysis. To leverage technologies, SIMULIA’s Composite Structures Analysis Engineer has been created for the 3DEXPERIENCE platform to add the composites capabilities to its one of its flagship simulation roles, Structural Analysis Engineer.
The role brings a model-based process, seamless collaboration between simulation engineers and project stakeholders, for informed discussions and accelerated product release. Powered by 3DEXPERIENCE platform, composites product engineering is fully design-associative, with cloud modeling and computing options, for product innovation in next generation virtual engineering environment.
Composite Structures Analysis Engineer Benefits
- Detailed structural validation from coupon level to sub-system level for metal and composite structures;
- Minimize weight to meet vehicle range and performance targets;
- Increase certification confidence in early and detailed design phases;
- Detailed material and nonlinear analyses, as well as linear statics, frequency, buckling, linear dynamics, and implicit/explicit simulation;
- Reduce expensive and challenging physical tests.
- Adds Composites modeling and simulation to Structural Analysis Engineer role;
- Support for all 3 CATIA Composite definitions: Ply, Zone, and Grid;
- Simulation traceability to composite ply and stackup design, for quick iterative variational studies;
- Locate and clean up design data with best-in-class geometry preparation tools;
- Build finite element models efficiently using meshing rules, managing large model assemblies, generating weld connections re-using engineering data;
- Calibrate complex material models from test data;
- Includes mechanical scenario, fatigue, and nastran converter apps for broader range of physics simulation.
3DEXPERIENCE Role FAQs
SIMULIA 3DEXERIENCE Advantage
Connect with other 3DEXERIENCE roles and take advantage of cloud-computing power for your analysis
Interaction between CAD & PLM
With Structural Performance Engineer, users build simulation models directly on the design geometry.
Tight associativity with CATIA and SOLIDWORKS means that simulation and CAD always remain synchronized even after design changes. It provides access to advanced simulation technology within a consistent and intuitive interface.
Visualization tools support efficient post-processing of large-scale simulation data including an option to use remote machines for rendering and visualization computation.
Composite Structures Analysis Engineer enables interrogation of realistic simulation results with speed, clarity, and control for enhanced decision making.
High Performance Computing
Extensive tools and controls for results display can be used for advanced and collaborative post-processing while utilizing High Performance Computing (HPC) resources to perform results visualization.
Simulation Review application offers Web based visualization of the geometry and simulation results for a unique collaborative experience around Simulation assets.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.
Interested in the Composite Structures Analysis Engineer 3DEXPERIENCE Role?
Contact us and get your questions answered today.
US 440.257.7460 | UK 01926.333777