Antenna Placement Electromagnetics Engineer
Enable antenna system integrators and simulation specialists to collaborate on assessment and validation of installed antenna performance with the Antenna Placement Electromagnetics Engineer Role
The SIMULIA 3DEXPERIENCE Antenna Placement Electromagnetics Engineer (APL-OC) Role on the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform helps engineers find the best antenna placement early in the design process, without having to test a physical prototype. This saves time and money by accelerating the design process and reducing the risk of problems arising later in the development cycle.
The correct placement of antennas can make or break a system when installed on a vehicle, aircraft, ship or structure. Communication systems such as radio, WiFi, cell networks, and satellite links as well as sensor systems such as radar, guidance and collision avoidance all rely on antennas to function. However, the surroundings of the antenna can reflect or obstruct waves and affect its performance.
With multiple antennas competing for limited space, antenna placement can be a difficult problem, especially when trade-offs must be made with other design considerations such as aerodynamics.
The Antenna Placement Electromagnetics Engineer Role allows simulation to be used directly on the CAD model, without the need for detailed model preparation or significant simulation expertise. Designers can experiment more and potentially find better antenna configurations than would be found by traditional design. SIMULIA CST Studio Suite simulation technology is used to validate the electromagnetic antenna performance.
Thanks to the integration with 3DEXPERIENCE®, app users benefit of seamless collaboration workflows among designers, electronic and mechanical engineers using a model-based – as opposed to file-based – approach and allow them to make necessary changes to the product quickly, improving the engineering efficiency and further boosting innovation.
On Cloud Role
Existing compute licensing for standalone CST Studio Suite is used to run CST Studio Suite simulations from Antenna Placement Electromagnetics Engineers. This licensing is not included in this role and must be provided separately. CST Studio Suite executes on premise (CPUs and GPUs are supported) and on cloud computing.
Antenna Placement Electromagnetics Engineer Benefits
The Antenna Placement Electromagnetics Engineer role allows you to:
- Validate the best antenna location early in the design process, without having to test a physical prototype.
- Assess trade-offs for antenna placement based on predefined KPIs and requirements on web-based applications.
- Get real-time feedback to reduce antenna placement studies from weeks down to one day.
- Leverage SIMULIA CST Studio Suite technology to validate antenna installed performance. CST Studio Suite is a prerequisite role.
Antenna Placement Electromagnetics Engineer Highlights
- Validate the best antenna location early in the design process
- Search the vehicle or aircraft from a 3DEXPERIENCE Physical Products
- Access the antenna from a SIMULIA CST Studio Suite project on 3DEXPERIENCE
- Easy definition of placement candidates even in interactive mode
- CATIA Assembly Design app can be accessed from this role (require a separate license), allowing placement via Engineering Connection
- Get real-time feedback by means of obscuration plot
- Leverage SIMULIA CST studio Suite technology for electromagnetic performance validation
- Electromagnetics Analyst can intervene to enhance accuracy and computing time
- Placement candidates KPIs are automatically evaluated with SIMULIA CST Studio Suite technology
- Radiation pattern main cutting plane can be easily displayed
- Assess the performance trade-off for all placement candidates
- Decision makers can access results via web-based applications on mobile devices everywhere and at any time
- Predefined KPIs can be used for comparison as well 3D farfield plots, for an intuitive antenna placement validation
SIMULIA software accelerates the process of evaluating the performance, reliability and safety of materials and products before committing to physical prototypes.
This 3DEXPERIENCE Role is categorized as:Virtual Testing & Simulation3DEXPERIENCEAerospace & DefenseCST StudioSIMULIATransporation
3DEXPERIENCE Role FAQs
SIMULIA 3DEXERIENCE Advantage
Connect with other 3DEXERIENCE roles and take advantage of cloud-computing power for your analysis
Interaction between CAD & PLM
With Structural Performance Engineer, users build simulation models directly on the design geometry.
Tight associativity with CATIA and SOLIDWORKS means that simulation and CAD always remain synchronized even after design changes. It provides access to advanced simulation technology within a consistent and intuitive interface.
Visualization tools support efficient post-processing of large-scale simulation data including an option to use remote machines for rendering and visualization computation.
Antenna Placement Electromagnetics Engineer enables interrogation of realistic simulation results with speed, clarity, and control for enhanced decision making.
High Performance Computing
Extensive tools and controls for results display can be used for advanced and collaborative post-processing while utilizing High Performance Computing (HPC) resources to perform results visualization.
Simulation Review application offers Web based visualization of the geometry and simulation results for a unique collaborative experience around Simulation assets.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.
Interested in the Antenna Placement Electromagnetics Engineer 3DEXPERIENCE Role?
Contact us and get your questions answered today.
US 440.257.7460 | UK 01926.333777