SIMULIA APPLICATIONS & CAPABILITIES
SIMULIA contains specific features to help model tissue including a wide variety of nonlinear, elastic-hyperelastic models.
- Rich material library including elastic-hyperelastic models
- Extensive library of add-in subroutines to customize
- Access to an extensive element library to model many types of tissues
- Contact capabilities allow easy simulation of joint assembly and motion
SIMULIA allows the simulating of the lifecycle of a stent and stent insertion equipment including manufacturing, insertion, and deployment.
- Special surfacing capabilities to represent stent contact with items such as catheters, balloons and arteries
- Material modeling capabilities for medical-grade materials
- Multiphysics capability for Fluid-Structural Interaction
SIMULIA supports efficient surgical equipment design, manufacturing, assembly and usage.
- Complete support for product manufacturing and assembly simulation
- Integrated Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit analysis products
- Multiphysics capability including piezoelectric structural interaction
SIMULIA provides a complete solution for the simulation of joint assembly, mechanics (including durability and wear) and failure modes.
- Complete range of solutions including SMP and DMP
- A library of material models for Orthopedic simulation
- Simulation of wear in cyclically loaded contact pairs
- Complete capability to capture common Orthopedic simulation workflows
BIOELECTROMAGNETIC SIMULATION WITH SIMULIA CST
Various medical devices, including magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), microwave imaging, and diathermy, hinge on electromagnetic (EM) fields for their functionality.
SIMULIA CST integrates EM simulation into industry processes, accelerating the process of evaluating the performance, reliability and safety of materials and products before committing to physical prototypes.
MRI, RF and microwave imaging, Diathermy and hyperthermy, Implant safety, Wearable and implantable electronics
Thought Leadership Interview: Revolutionizing Life Sciences and Healthcare Through Digital Transformation
In this thought leadership interview, TriMech Enterprise Consultant, Howard Bradfield explores how digital transformation is reshaping these industries, from concept to production, and how it’s enabling faster development and more efficient processes.
Medical device design and development is a complex process that involves a wide range of stakeholders, from researchers and engineers to regulatory bodies and healthcare providers. As the industry continues to grow and evolve, there is an increasing need for standardization and quality in medical device design and development. By enhancing these aspects of the…
Explore the challenges and benefits of implementing digitization for life sciences in our latest Business Transformation article.