SIMULIA APPLICATIONS & CAPABILITIES
SIMULIA contains specific features to help model tissue including a wide variety of nonlinear, elastic-hyperelastic models.
- Rich material library including elastic-hyperelastic models
- Extensive library of add-in subroutines to customize
- Access to an extensive element library to model many types of tissues
- Contact capabilities allow easy simulation of joint assembly and motion
SIMULIA allows the simulating of the lifecycle of a stent and stent insertion equipment including manufacturing, insertion, and deployment.
- Special surfacing capabilities to represent stent contact with items such as catheters, balloons and arteries
- Material modeling capabilities for medical-grade materials
- Multiphysics capability for Fluid-Structural Interaction
SIMULIA supports efficient surgical equipment design, manufacturing, assembly and usage.
- Complete support for product manufacturing and assembly simulation
- Integrated Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit analysis products
- Multiphysics capability including piezoelectric structural interaction
SIMULIA provides a complete solution for the simulation of joint assembly, mechanics (including durability and wear) and failure modes.
- Complete range of solutions including SMP and DMP
- A library of material models for Orthopedic simulation
- Simulation of wear in cyclically loaded contact pairs
- Complete capability to capture common Orthopedic simulation workflows
BIOELECTROMAGNETIC SIMULATION WITH SIMULIA CST
Various medical devices, including magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), microwave imaging, and diathermy, hinge on electromagnetic (EM) fields for their functionality.
SIMULIA CST integrates EM simulation into industry processes, accelerating the process of evaluating the performance, reliability and safety of materials and products before committing to physical prototypes.
MRI, RF and microwave imaging, Diathermy and hyperthermy, Implant safety, Wearable and implantable electronics
The life science industry is constantly evolving, and companies are always looking for ways to improve their agility and productivity across all aspects of their business. Engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain are three critical areas that can make a significant impact on the success of a life science company, and there are several strategies that…
Made-to-Cure: Improve agility and productivity across engineering, manufacturing and supply chain for medical devices
In the medical device industry, agility and productivity across engineering, manufacturing, and the supply chain are the keys to success. The ability to quickly adapt to changing customer needs, regulatory requirements and market trends is essential for companies to remain competitive. This is where the Made-to-Cure Medical Device Industry Solution comes into play. By using…
Medical devices play a critical role in the healthcare industry, helping patients to recover from illness or injury or manage chronic conditions. The development of medical devices requires an extensive understanding of medical regulations, clinical practices, and engineering principles. The design process is a complex one that involves multiple stakeholders, from clinicians to engineers, regulatory…