It’s time to begin your move from CATIA V5 to 3DEXPERIENCE, unlock the freedom to innovate, and take advantage of the same technology you have come to know and love, but with some crucial upgrades.
Is it time for you to make the move from CATIA V5 to 3DEXPERIENCE cloud version?
As the World’s Leading Solution for Product Design and Experience, CATIA delivers the unique ability not only to model any product but to do so in the context of its real-life behaviour. For decades, CATIA V5 has allowed Systems architects, engineers, designers, construction professionals and all contributors to define, imagine, and shape the connected world.
The products that these users have designed, developed and delivered have all contributed to rapid technological innovation throughout all sectors of the world. Like with industry sectors, the tools we use to bring these products to reality also need to be redeveloped, refreshed and reinvented. Because of this, it’s time to begin your move from CATIA V5 to 3DEXPERIENCE, unlock the freedom to innovate, and take advantage of the same technology you have come to know and love, but with some crucial upgrades.
What is CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE?
CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE unlocks new technologies while transforming how you use and pay for design software. Powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE provides a host of new technology, in addition to the traditional CATIA V5 capabilities, these include:
- Cloud-Based Collaboration and Data Management.
- The ability to work and collaborate on designs anytime, anywhere and from any browser.
- Implement a single-source-of-truth
- Benefit from a range of innovative design packages and functionalities
New Challenges require New Technologies: Introducing CATIA xGenerative Design
By switching to CATIA 3DEXPERIENCE, you can explore and take advantage of a range of new design capabilities, such as generative and algorithmic design. This package is known as CATIA xGenerative Design.
XGenerative is a space in which you create bio-inspired shapes with stunning generative patterns supplying automated alternative exploration from the very beginning of the design process. Using this revolutionary algorithmic design application will allow you, as designers, engineers, and architects to design simple and complex shapes quickly and easily. The program also allows you to use graphical visual scripting and interactive 3D modelling interchangeably, all without requiring prior programming knowledge.
While allowing you to create bio-inspired irregular and repetitive shapes with stunning generative patterns with automated alternative exploration, CATIA xGenerative Design will help you identify the optimal design to meet a series of parameters, as well as maximise strength, while minimising materials and weight.
Key Benefits of Generative Design Technology:
- Breakthrough design barriers with automated, algorithmic design
- Maximize strength while minimizing materials and costs
- Design lightweight products and components
- Reduce lead times and times to market
Key features of the xGenerative Design Package include:
- Explore and generate styling patterns and shapes inspired by nature with an intuitive and powerful Algorithmic Generative Modelling approach
- A unique combination of graphical visual scripting and interactive 3D-modeling, with the ability to use either interchangeably at any time
- Generate multiple geometries by managing collections of objects with geometric quality and accuracy thanks to CATIA Modeler technology
- Capture and reuse knowledge and design best practices to better capitalize on your work
- All geometries created can be used for detailed design and manufacturing
- Create and display your favourite parameters, and then retrieve them to explore your work in more detail or present it to others
- Easily switch from the ‘drawing’ view to the ‘controller’ view and access a simplified view that allows you to display only your favourite settings
- Send your designs to collaborators who can make modifications without having to know the software
Originally used in architecture, xGenerative is rapidly moving to other spheres, with new use cases, thanks notably to the development of manufacturing techniques and capabilities. From architecture to engineering & construction, transportation & mobility, aerospace & defence, home & lifestyle, high tech, and industrial equipment, there are no limits to the types of objects and shapes that can be produced for each of these industries.
CATIA xGenerative is both easy to use and extremely powerful. Beginners and experts alike can benefit from a progressive user experience combining 3D modelling and graph-based visual scripting. With a user interface that is seamless and intuitive, you will be able to grow your levels of design expertise with a programme designed to support you through the process.
Make your move from CATIA V5 to 3DEXPERIENCE
Get in touch with our team today to find out more about CATIA on the cloud, the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, xGenerative, and how they can benefit you.
Bring all aspects of your business together on a single cloud-based platform, increasing collaboration, improving execution and accelerating innovation.
Leverage Virtual Twins to develop high-performance, zero-emission, recyclable vehicles
As the automotive industry moves towards sustainability and a greener future, the demand for high-performance, zero-emission, and recyclable vehicles is rising. Companies are turning to innovative technologies, such as virtual twins, to stay ahead of the curve. This blog will discuss how leveraging virtual twins can help automakers develop vehicles that meet these modern demands…
Industry Insight: Jaguar Land Rover’s 7 Key Enablers for Maximizing 3DEXPERIENCE
Discover the key enablers that Jaguar Land Rover team require to make their vision of an engineering continuum a reality
What are the trends changing the space industry?
Private organisations are driving the commercial space industry, which is making significant strides in satellite technology, space exploration, and space tourism.