Discover how Morgan Motors is accelerating its business and staying relevant in the new era with 3DEXPERIENCE.
Morgan Motor Company are well known for its iconic hand-built British sports cars and its impressive manufacturing skills. Having been in business since 1909, it’s tempting to focus on their fascinating history but that would detract from their equally impressive desire to continually strive forward and invest in opportunities to protect and improve their profitability, growth, product line and customer experience.
“I want Morgan to be progressive, I want us to stay at the front edge. I don’t want us to be laying back just because we’re successful – we’re looking to the future.”
— Graham Chapman, Technology Director at Morgan Motors.
Morgan Motor Company’s decision to invest in improving their legacy systems and processes became much easier when they realised they could reduce their recurring costs, remove business risks and futureproof their facility by upgrading to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform through their existing long-term partner’s Design Rule, now TriMech Enterprise Solutions.
By using CATIA in conjunction with ENOVIA from the Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE portfolio, the product designers are at the forefront of the industry and are benefitting from significant benefits.
Uncovering new potential through increased efficiencies
By undergoing a discovery journey with Morgan Motors, the team were able to identify the right configuration of solutions to support them with their continued innovation. Following the deployment and adoption of these solutions, the team at Morgan Motor Company have gained a host of benefits.
Reducing Unnecessary Costs and Delays:
- The ability to convert a concept ‘sketch’ to a 3D CAD Model
- Efficient collaboration and speedier design reviews
- Automatic calculation of weld types and weld lines
- Exporting stereolithography files for 3D printing
- Easily find and re-use existing parts
- Advanced sheet metal design tools (BENDPart)
- Transmittals (configuration-managed sharing of data with suppliers)
- Automatic generation of neutral view files which can be shared as PDFs
- Automatic Part Numbering
Mitigating Business Risks:
- Hardware and Software are each covered with support
- The reduced requirement to increase the team’s resource
- Suppliers are able to integrate while using their own CAD systems
Planned Future Benefits:
- Bill of Material Management in ENOVIA
- Project Management in ENOVIA
- Control and management of Non-CAD Data
Case Study: Morgan Motors Accelerate Their Business with 3DEXPERIENCE
As the upgrade enables the ‘co-existence’ of different CAD solutions, this means that Morgan Motor Company can continue to seamlessly collaborate with customers and suppliers irrespective of their CAD version.
“We made the right decision – the upgrade’s gone well and the Enterprise team have put a lot of effort into it. They have been very supportive, and I feel we’ve got value for money – already the team are seeing the benefits of using it. We have a great working relationship and trust the team”
The Morgan Motor Company’s implementation of 3DEXPERIENCE software is exciting not just because of the time, cost and efficiency savings the company has already started to see. Implementing PLM and CAD software is about more than the advantages of doing things better; it’s about being in control, anticipating organisation and market challenges and responding to them in the best way possible.
What is 3DEXPERIENCE?
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform is a business and innovation platform that provides organizations with a universal vision of their business activity and ecosystems.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform offers a single, intuitive interface that empowers:
- Design & Engineering: 3DEXPERIENCE CATIA can model any product, at any scale, so engineers, designers and contributors can effortlessly imagine, define and shape products virtually before committing to a prototype.
- Simulation: Seamlessly integrate simulation technologies with SIMULIA, including structures, fluids, plastic injection molding, acoustics, and structural applications, into your daily product design activities.
- Governance & Collaboration: Accelerate cross-team collaboration and product development in a fully connected online environment where a single, shared product definition ensures teams are always seeing and working on up-to-date information.
- Manufacturing & Operations: DELMIA on the cloud provides solutions to leverage the virtual world of modeling and simulation with the real world of operations. Connect all layers of the value network, from manufacturers to logistics and transportation providers, to service operators and workforces.
- Marketing: 3DEXCITE leverages the product information model (PIM), to unleash creative freedom that results in diversified assets for digital, interactive marketing, and sales experiences.
Image Credit: Morgan Motors
In this blog, we explore the seven benefits of using RAMSIS NextGen in vehicle development.
Learn how to transition from CATIA V5 to 3DEXPERIENCE Electrical Design. You will learn how to import CATIA V5 electrical data, create Electrical Device Libraries,...