Discover the Top 10 Reasons why CATIA V5 users are moving to CATIA on the Cloud in our latest article.
CATIA, powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform (CATIA on the Cloud), enhances the world-class functionality allowing engineering teams to achieve engineering excellence through its powerful array of social and collaborative 3D modelling and simulation tools.
Over the decades, CATIA has been the product design and experience solution of choice that has been used in multiple industries to develop products. With CATIA’s ability to model any product, engineers and designers can effortlessly imagine, define and shape products virtually before committing to a prototype.
The Top 10 reasons for selecting CATIA on the Cloud:
- Benefit from the best-in-class engineering tools: Unlock the power to design without limits by leveraging the full suite of design tools that CATIA has to offer.
- Collaboration and connection: With CATIA on the Cloud’s powerful database platform, colleagues, suppliers and external partners can innovate together more efficiently and effortlessly resulting in compressed cycle times and fewer late changes.
- Easy to install and maintain: Work flexibly and efficiently while reducing the need for expensive hardware, complex IT systems and IT administrators, thanks to instant deployment on the cloud.
- Succeed in complex design: Leveraging capabilities such as parametric design, tolerance modelling, and much more is vital as products continue to grow in complexity and variance.
- Improve the quality of your product: By having the ability to validate designs in the virtual environment, you can minimise downstream issues and ensure product quality.
- Optimise the manufacturing process: With the ability to design for manufacturing, you can optimise designs directly for the manufacturing process. This allows minimal rework, errors and unnecessary engineering change.
- Capitalise, automate and reuse: Reduce tedious and repetitive tasks with intuitive automation functionalities, achieve first-time-right product engineering with adaptive templates and reuse existing CATIA V5 data in 3DEXPERIENCE CATIA.
- Access the correct information directly in 3D: Using CATIA, you can completely define a part and assembly with tolerances and annotations directly in 3D, making the definition more accurate. This in turn, accelerates the development processes. This 3D Master approach means there is one single, full 3D definition of a product for manufacturing. Users can create dimensions and tolerances on the 3D geometry while respecting regulations and standards.
- Set in motion and validate your ideas: Product engineers and designers need to limit physical prototypes and get the design right the first time. By simulating complex product behaviour in one unified environment, decisions can be made during the virtual stage of development before investing in expensive prototypes allowing Product Engineers to carry out the initial validation of their designs virtually.
- Productive user experience: The platform’s lean and intuitive user interface ensures that it will be simple to use — even for new or casual users. This allows engineers to focus on being engineers.
Are you ready to step into the cloud?
CATIA on the Cloud’s user-friendly and ready out-of-the-box nature ensures that companies, whatever their size, can get up and running on the platform in a matter of minutes. Get in touch with our team today to hear about our current offers, find out more about the functionality and answer any further questions you may have.
Learn how to transition from CATIA V5 to 3DEXPERIENCE Electrical Design. You will learn how to import CATIA V5 electrical data, create Electrical Device Libraries,...