When creating technical publications such as catalogues, maintenance manuals, regulatory filings and training manuals, many legacy technical publishing systems require that data be pulled from multiple sources, a slow and error-prone process.
With disconnected data sources and difficulty finding the most relevant and up-to-date information, such documents typically require a long lead-time, are prone to errors, and are expensive to produce.
Technical Documentation and Publishing with Aras Innovator® and TriMech services
- Built on the Aras Innovator® platform, Aras Technical Documentation is a content authoring tool that takes a new approach to the creation of technical publications by using PLM content directly.
- Developed in partnership with Orio (formerly Saab Original Parts), the web-based solution cuts out rewriting time and eliminates opportunities for error by using referenced PLM content in a modular fashion.
- Additionally, notifications of engineering change orders (ECO) can automatically trigger document updates, ensuring that publications use the most relevant, up-to-date information.
Benefits of Technical Documentation Authoring with Aras Innovator
Aras Innovator Documentation enables cross-discipline authoring, visualization, sharing and publishing of topics-based, modular documentation within a secure, managed environment.
- PLM-based solution means document authoring teams have access to the latest PLM data in a single location.
- Notifications triggered by ECOs ensure documents are composed of the most up-to-date, approved information
- Use of embedded PLM content cuts out rewriting/rekeying time and eliminates opportunities for error.
- Modular content schemas drive content re-use, saving time and improving document accuracy.
- Content templates maintain consistency, enforce regulatory and safety standards, and ensure corporate guidelines are met
- Collaboration with multiple authors across departments and geographical locations reduces document lead time.
Features available with Aras Innovator Technical Documentation
Aras® Technical Documentation is highly flexible, allowing organizations to tailor business processes to their specific requirements.
- Uses embedded/referenced PLM content to populate documents.
- Document assembly managed through user-defined templates.
- Links to engineering change orders can trigger updates in associated publications, either individually or in batch updates.
- Web-based solution means no client installs.
- WYSIWYG editor supports publishing in XML, HTML and PDF.