Keeping track of Parts & BOMs
Managing the orderly creation, release and change of parts is a key challenge for organizations. New parts are critical to delivering innovations and meeting customer requirements. But poor control of part introduction can raise costs and cause delays throughout the organization.
The challenge of Part Management leaves many organizations struggling to improve quality, reduce time-to-market, and manage costs.
Part Management with Aras Innovator® and TriMech services
- With Aras Innovator Part Management provides complete control over the lifecycle of parts including automated workflows to manage the approval processes.
- Links to CAD models, drawings and documents are automatically maintained.
- Classification schemes may be implemented to support search and reuse.
Benefits of Parts Management with Aras Innovator
Aras® Innovator CAD Data Management provides full CAD management within a product lifecycle context, across a wide range of popular authoring tools, enabling companies to use their vital product information in a safe, secure environment.
- Reduces the time to introduce and release new parts
- Controls cost by preventing the unnecessary introduction of new parts and manufacturers
- Reduces costs and time to market by driving part reuse
- Avoids additional delays and costs by ensuring all users have the right information
Parts Management features available with Aras Innovator
Aras Innovator includes a wide range of features for Parts Management and related processes including:
- Configurable properties and lifecycle stages
- Approved manufacturers/alternate/substitute parts
- Target weight and cost
- CAD and document integration
- Flexible classification and search
- Version and revision control