The BOM Process Challenge
Bringing complex products to market and maintaining them through their life is a multi-step process.
It requires Engineering BOM Management (Bill of Material) not only across mechanical, electrical, and software disciplines but in the extended supply chain as well.
The challenge of managing multiple BOMs leaves organizations struggling to improve quality, reduce time-to-market, and manage costs.
Aras Innovator® BOM management software and services from TriMech
- With Aras Innovator we help organizations connect and manage multiple sources of information in a single database.
- Easily create and maintain structured, multi-level bill of materials for each stage of your product lifecycle.
- Easily synchronize Electrical EBOMs and Mechanical MBOMs for clear visibility into cross-disciplinary change statuses through, design, manufacture and service.
Benefits of BOM Management with Aras Innovator
Aras Innovator enables you to turn your CAD BOM into a true Item-based Engineering Bill of Materials that’s ready for release to manufacturing.
- All of the parts, assemblies, components, materials and SKUs that make up the complete product structure are managed in a multi-level, indented Bill of Materials
- Bulk materials, electrical, wiring, software, firmware, packaging, consumables and more can be quickly & easily added in a nested, hierarchical Engineering BOM structure
- CAD designs are linked to Part items for automated updates to the engineering BOM
- Revision & Version management on all items and files assures configuration control
- BOM redlining highlights changes made to BOM lines from rev to rev providing a complete BOM change history
- Best practices for design integrity are enforced to promote reuse, reduce parts proliferation and avoid unnecessary product costs
- Improves collaboration and coordination to avoid manufacturing errors, scrap and rework
Features available with Aras Innovator PLM software
Aras Innovator include a wide range of features for BOM Management and related processes including:
- Multi-level Indented BOMs
- Item-based BOMs
- Revision & Version Control
- BOM Redlining
- Lifecycle States
- Alternates & Substitutes File Association
- Effectivity Baselines
- Target-Estimated-Calculated-Actual Costing
- Make vs. Buy Parts
- Approved Vendor / Manufacturer List (AVL / AML)
- Flat Parts Lists
- Customizable BOM Reports
- Unlimited User-defined Attributes & Customization Capabilities