Configuring your information
Developing complex products, manufacturing and maintaining them through their life requires managing evolving product configurations embodying information developed by multiple groups inside the organization and in the supply chain.
Organizations struggle with the ability to define and maintain the processes needed to support their Software, Hardware, Systems, Manufacturing, Facilities and Infrastructure throughout the entire business lifecycle — leading to costly errors and delays.
Configuration Management with Aras Innovator® and services from TriMech
- Aras Configuration Management provides a comprehensive methodology for managing the configuration (hierarchical set of information) of a product or system throughout its life.
- Your business will have an enhanced system with process reliability through more rapid detection and correction of improper configurations that could negatively impact performance.
- Reduces errors, delays, scrap and rework.
Benefits of Configuration Management with Aras Innovator
Configuration Management extends beyond design information to include all requirements for the enterprise, plus your product, service, and solution deliverables throughout your business lifecycle phases.
Some of the key benefits of Configuration Management with Aras include:
- Increased efficiency with a defined configuration process that provides control and improves visibility with tracking.
- Cost reduction by having detailed knowledge of all the elements of the configuration which allows for unnecessary duplication to be avoided.
- Your business will have greater agility and faster problem resolution, giving a better quality of service for your customers.
- The ability to define and enforce formal policies and procedures that can help with process status monitoring and auditing.
- More efficient change management that reduces the risk of product incompatibility or problems.
- Faster restoration of your service if a process failure occurs. If you know the required state of the configuration then recovering the working configuration will be much quicker and easier.
Features available with Aras Innovator PLM software
Aras unique workflow tools and management of hierarchical information delivers the features you need to manage your business processes more effectively.
Aras Innovator software is able to:
- Provide configuration identification, control, status accounting and verification.
- Track baselines at different stages of the product lifecycle, e.g. as-designed, as-built, as-maintained.
- Utilize graphical online business process workflows with email notifications and reminders.
- Reflect CM2-certified best practices for configuration and change management.