Virtual Modeling, Collaboration, and Optimization for Flawless Execution
What is Virtual Twin Technology?
Virtual Twin technology allows organizations to create dynamic virtual models of real-world products, facilities, assets, and processes that are powered by real-world data and enable manufacturers to cooperate, model, optimize, and execute efficiently.
Simulating the outcomes of numerous scenarios in the virtual model assists manufacturers in developing the best strategies in accordance with commercial and sustainability objectives.
What is the difference between Virtual Twins and Digital Twins?
Unlike a digital twin prototype that focuses on one specific object, virtual twin technology allows you to visualize, model, and simulate real-world products, facilities, assets, and processes.
Virtual Twin Technology on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
By leveraging Virtual Twin technology on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, you can instantly gather valuable insight into the real-world performance of products and processes to improve operational resiliency, reduce costs and gain a competitive advantage with cloud-based manufacturing solutions.
TriMech Virtual Twin Solution
Learn how the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform allows businesses to gather valuable insight into the real-world performance of products and processes
Virtual Twin Experience on the cloud
An executable virtual model of a physical system to bring learning and experiences taken from the real-world processes to update the digital twin model.
Achieving a closed-loop capability is the full realization of benefits to be gained from the convergence of the Virtual and Real Worlds
- Model-based representation of assets, business processes, infrastructure, and KPIs.
- Unlimited virtual experimentation to identify the ideal arrangement in the actual world.
- A closed-loop connection that enables for real-time updates to continuously adjust and optimize operations for long-term strategy.
- Simulation of workplace safety conditions, such as assembly jobs that could result in repetitive strain injuries or the use of social distancing measures.
- Flexibility achieved by pre-simulating changeovers and determining the quickest and most cost-effective way to reduce downtime.
- A single source repository for all real-time data continuity that all departments can use to allow for increased optimization.
Key Components of Virtual Twin Success
Leveraging Virtual Twin technology requires four discrete components: collaboration, modeling, optimization, and performance.
- Collaboration is the process through which the various stakeholders in any business come together to work out the needs, wants, and goals of the overall project using lean principles.
- Modeling is the foundation for digitalization. It is the accurate portrayal of machines, processes, and workflows created by depicting physical systems (and often humans as well). Accuracy is critical here, and it must be maintained throughout the project's lifespan.
- Optimization is the payoff from the Virtual Twin Experience, the process by which modifications are evaluated, tried digitally, and tested again to decrease production bottlenecks and improve efficiency. This is when planning modifications become true "what if" experimentation, iterating various changes in real time, from equipment cycles to worker time and motion study.
- Performance is the goal of the actual implementation of the new processes and procedures worked out in the virtual factory. A successful Virtual Twin Experience allows for quick, trouble-free production modifications with minimal downtime. Sensor-equipped equipment then transmits real-time data back to the twin to confirm results and provide a fresh baseline for the following set of experiments and improvements.
Virtual Twin Software from TriMech
SIMULIA CST Studio Suite
The SIMULIA CST Studio is a high-performance 3D electromagnetic (EM) analysis software package for designing, analyzing, and optimizing components and systems.
Discover the fe-safe Suite, powered by SIMULIA, the finite element model durability analysis software that integrates seamlessly into your design process.
SIMULIA Isight Simulation Optimization Software tools for product design and simulation to enhance engineering procedures
SIMULIA Simpack is a dedicated package for Multibody System Simulation (MBS), used for the dynamic analysis of any mechanical or mechatronic system.
Learn how SIMULIA Wave6 software can improve your vibro-acoustics and aero-vibro-acoustics simulation skills and assist you in resolving engineering issues.
Learn about the high-fidelity Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) program XFlow, powered by Dassault Systemes SIMULIA and based on the Lattice-Boltzmann Method (LBM).
Explore Tosca Optimization Technology, an effective optimization tool that uses FEA and CFD simulations for Topology Simulation.
Virtual Twin Content
Learn more about Virtual Twin solutions with our resource content: