The SIMULIA 3DEXPERIENCE Structural Designer (SRD-OC) Role is an intuitive design simulation solution for designers looking for efficient product performance assessment under linear static conditions to guide the design process.
Structural Designer provides intuitive design simulation-based guidance during product design process to easily get the technical insights needed for informed design decisions.
Structural Designer is a role developed with designers in mind. Design process is made of multiple iterations, multiple ‘what If’ ideas to successfully deliver the right product to manufacturing. With Structural Designer, any designer can assess product behavior for each design iteration to improve product performance and reduce time and cost of product development process.
Structural Designer delivers linear static, natural frequency, buckling and steady-state thermal simulation capabilities for fast and efficient product testing experience.
Structural Designer includes embedded compute licensing allowing routine execution of one concurrent simulation job on up to 4 cores. Embedded compute is inseparable from its associated role. Access to embedded compute follows the same Named User or Concurrent license model as the role it is associated with.
Structural Designer Benefits
- Structural Designer users can experience product performance virtually so that they can make better-informed design decisions.
- Better design decisions based on more complete information about product performance lead to better designs and better products.
- The capability to assess product behavior early in the product development process enables companies in reducing potential late issues, reducing costs and developing innovative product.
- The simulation experience delivered by Structural Designer fits within the designer’s familiar design environment.
- Enables simulation of the physical behavior of parts and assemblies so that virtual testing can be conducted before physical prototypes are available for a faster product development process.
- The intuitive user experience makes simulation adoption possible for all designers.
- Users receive continuous guidance regarding where they are in the simulation process and what they need to do next, for easy adoption
- Sophisticated simulation technology is used automatically, while the options presented to the user are intuitive and explained in the language of product designers.
- Collaboration is built into the underlying 3DEXPERIENCE.
- Data management, collaboration, and communities are all part of the global solution.
- Models built in Structural Designer can be shared directly with advanced simulation tools to enable the entire simulation team to collaborate with designers.
- Simulation Results can be easily reviewed by any project stakeholders in the 3DEXPERIENCE dashboard so they become insights for technical and business decision
Structural Designer Highlights
- Fully integrated part of the 3DEXPERIENCE collaboration solution
- With 3DEXPERIENCE, users benefit not about with intuitive and powerful Simulation suite but with a complete, consistent and powerful Product Development solution from Design to Manufacturing.
- Part of a scalable Simulation portfolio from designers up to specialists for multi domains simulations.
- Simulations model from Structural Designer can then be enriched in Structural Engineer (SLL) or Structural Performance Engineer (SFO) with sophisticated meshing and modeling features or advanced scenarios for a unique and smooth Engineering workflow.
- Enables users in assessing the impact of a design change on product performance with tight associativity with CATIA and SOLIDWORKS (additional roles might be required). Designers can then ask questions and run virtual testing while designing to understand the impact of their proposed alternatives on requirements. This provides the opportunity for what-if studies – leading to better product quality and performance
- Provides a guided workflow for all simulation types at each step of the simulation to help the user understand what to do next for a successful product testing uses the latest Abaqus simulation technology for state of the art accuracy and performance. Intuitiveness and accuracy is then offered for all Designers.
- Fast calculation based on linear simulations to get the insight user needs as fast as possible during the design process.
- Linear Stress, frequency, steady-state thermal and buckling simulation on solid parts and solid assemblies for ad-hoc design simulation capabilities.
- Common connections between components available: pin, spring, rigid, bonded.
- Intuitive contact definition in assembly.
- Powerful General Contact capability for fast contact set up in large assembly.
- Automatic contact detection for accurate and fast set up.
- Deformable, intermittent contact between parts.
- Automatically generates the right mesh with local control enabled.
- Collaboration is enabled between all Product Development stakeholders with result visualization on 3DEXPERIENCE dashboard.
3DEXPERIENCE Role FAQs
SIMULIA 3DEXERIENCE Advantage
Connect with other 3DEXERIENCE roles and take advantage of cloud-computing power for your analysis
Interaction between CAD & PLM
With Structural Performance Engineer, users build simulation models directly on the design geometry.
Tight associativity with CATIA and SOLIDWORKS means that simulation and CAD always remain synchronized even after design changes. It provides access to advanced simulation technology within a consistent and intuitive interface.
Visualization tools support efficient post-processing of large-scale simulation data including an option to use remote machines for rendering and visualization computation.
Structural Designer enables interrogation of realistic simulation results with speed, clarity, and control for enhanced decision making.
High Performance Computing
Extensive tools and controls for results display can be used for advanced and collaborative post-processing while utilizing High Performance Computing (HPC) resources to perform results visualization.
Simulation Review application offers Web based visualization of the geometry and simulation results for a unique collaborative experience around Simulation assets.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.
Interested in the Structural Designer 3DEXPERIENCE Role?
Contact us and get your questions answered today.
US 440.257.7460 | UK 01926.333777