Product Specification Author
Manage specification information as structured data, creating intelligent information for better re-use and change management using the Product Specification Author Role
The ENOVIA 3DEXPERIENCE Product Specification Author (GLS) Role ensures that a common product specification is shared across the extended enterprise. Product Specification Author helps define and manage any kind of product specification including, but not limited to, formulations, raw materials, packaging components and work instructions.
Administrator-designed specification templates provide standardization of information while allowing for a quick turnaround for changes in the specification format and content to address ever-changing business needs. Robust BOM management capabilities as a superset and logical extension to specification management are provided, allowing enterprises to combine specifications into logical material hierarchies that define product structure and maximize reuse of data. The change management processes have been designed specifically to ensure all impacted stakeholders are kept informed and given an opportunity to review the specification before its release.
Product Specification Author
Maintain Single Version of Master Data from Design to Manufacture
The product (formula, appliance, etc.) & packaging BOM management capabilities ensure that “a single version of the master data” is shared across the extended enterprise. From initial formula, packaging and artwork design all the way to procurement and manufacturing avoiding any duplication and reducing costly errors.
Improve Quality of Product Data
By standardizing product definition with templates and formal change control there is a level of quality inbuilt into specifications. This lowers rework and ensures accurate information is communicated to downstream systems.
Meet Regulatory & Legal Requirements
Setting repeatable standard review and approval process and using formal change process across the enterprise ensures critical regulatory and legal requirements are managed and adhered to right from design time.
Protect Company Intellectual Property (IP)
Securing access of specifications and product information by different departments and ensuring only the right people have permissions protects valuable company intellectual property.
Drive Economies of Scale in Procurement
Maximizing the reuse of data from a single repository can bring down costs by driving economies of scale in procurement.
Product Specification Author Highlights
- Manage products with a part-centric, multi-level BOM approach unified with technical specifications and synchronized with CAD.
- Centrally manage the BOM and approved components.
- Realize economies of scale across a distributed supply chain through raw material and supplier rationalization.
- Enforce quality and regulatory standards on materials and finished goods originating from multiple countries of origin (COO) and being applied in products across multiple countries of sale (COS).
- Execute change order requests holistically with “where used” analysis to provide the right information to the right users at the right time.
- Manage Manufacturing Equivalent Parts (MEPS) as trade names with their corresponding suppliers per location.
- Improve communication and collaboration with global development teams comprised of internal and external resources.
- Deliver a single enterprise-wide definition of technical and business product information that extends beyond document management with structuring data and pre-approved reusable BOM components.
- Meet regulatory requirements for ingredient/material traceability.
- View reports tailored to meet the needs of multiple functional areas such as change and BOM management.
Included 3DEXPERIENCE Apps
- Change Governance.
- Engineering BOM & Product Specification.
- My Product & Specification.
ENOVIA PLM software is the product lifecycle management backbone of the Dassault Systèmes portfolio, used by many of the world's largest and most technically advanced manufacturing enterprises to streamline their organization.
3DEXPERIENCE Role FAQs
ENOVIA 3DEXERIENCE Advantage
Connect with other 3DEXERIENCE roles and take advantage of the virtual twin for the entire enterprise
Natively built for the cloud and also available on premises, ENOVIA spans the full spectrum from very small clients to customers with thousands of users.
This ‘infinite’ scalability is driving exponential adoption across all engagement models, letting clients plan and sustain their growth and address their evolving business needs.
Cloud is driving the ability to scale, drastically reducing the distance and time between technology decision and value realization, letting companies take continuous advantages of enhancements & scope extension every 8 weeks. Cloud adoption is now a reality for all sizes of clients.
Go beyond PLM
ENOVIA powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform goes beyond PLM, connecting people, ideas and data from across the value network into a single collaborative environment that transforms the way you do business.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.
Interested in the Product Specification Author 3DEXPERIENCE Role?
Contact us and get your questions answered today.
US 440.257.7460 | UK 01926.333777