Learn why companies are moving to an integrated modeling and simulation solution to obtain a single source of engineering truth
In today’s unstable economy, consumer expectations are constantly changing as inflation increases, supply chain issues continue, and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors increase. Customers need products with a reduced carbon footprint that include the most recent advances and provide exceptional user experience overall. Products must be launched and supplied on schedule and within budget limits.
While designers and engineers seek to design and produce unique products and experiences, current markets still highlight the challenge of addressing many issues and needs that must exceed customer expectations. With so many factors coming to mind when fitting these expectations, engineers and manufacturers often feel unprepared.
MODSIM: The Solution to Overcoming Marketing Battles
Many companies are finding integrated modeling and simulation solutions at all phases of the product lifecycle. From product need through design and manufacturing, a science-based modeling and simulation solution allows companies to reduce time to market, manage at a more granular level, and gain a competitive edge. Consequently, companies require less real-world prototyping and benefit from speedier physical certification testing, allowing them to quickly bring more innovative products to market.
How does MODSIM integrated modeling and simulation help?
- Unified Collaborated Platform: Modeling and simulation solutions integrated into a single, unified environment that shares a single truth. By combining the simulation throughout the engineering process, companies can use realistic simulation in its early phases of development to analyze and verify design performance, rapidly review design alternatives, and concurrently perform design revisions.
- Boundless Fields of Interest: To excel in system performance, engineering teams must model various behaviors and systems and represent the interplay of many physics. Modeling and Simulation Solutions address many disciplines and allow all fields to be accessible and interoperable. Modeling and Simulation solutions also encompass the production disciplines. By designing goods and experiences in 3D, teams imitate production and test and verify concepts virtually. Using simulation solutions, assembly arrangement is optimized according to the production process and within the resilience, weight, and cost limitations.
- Simulation-Based Innovations: Simulation-based design efficiency can improve by bringing together the necessary people, processes, and best-in-class tools to automate data transmission, geometry cleansing, and model construction for product assembly of all sizes. Science-based realistic simulation provides rapid idea evaluation to uncover the best trade-offs early in the design process while staying within schedule and budget constraints. After that, businesses may confidently speed up the product lifecycle, from concept to certification, and secure a competitive advantage. On the other hand, simulation dramatically improves the design of complex, dynamic systems like buildings, airports, and even cities by allowing researchers to analyze the final product’s performance under real-world conditions at several scales.
Five benefits of integrated Modeling and Simulation
- Efficient simulation cycle: Teams improve their simulation efficiency by combining simulation and modeling in the same unified environment based on a single source of truth. When you alter the model, the changes immediately reflect in your simulation models. Reusable models, automatic meshing, and sharing results within the same environment save time and money.
- Promotes a faster innovation phase by making design verification more efficient: Teams can quickly assess the strengths and weaknesses of different concepts and combine high-performing aspects of various concepts tested into new designs.
- Reduce physical prototyping and redesign costs: Gain confidence in designs early on without investing in expensive prototyping by simulating product behavior by having the ability to conduct a simulation in a virtual environment and test any number of options.
- Greater collaboration: By using the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, teams can easily collaborate and share data and design to create a more efficient workflow.
- Excellence in design continuity: By connecting many disciplines, teams can build and simulate complicated situations and connected products more quickly.
Learn more about adopting an integrated modeling and simulation approach with MODSIM software.