The SIMULIA 3DEXPERIENCE Living Heart Human Model (SHH) Role option is a breakthrough human heart model able to simulate the realistic electromechanical behavior of a beating human heart.
It accelerates the development of safer and more effective cardiovascular devices (such as artificial valves and stents) as well as rhythm management devices (such as implantable defibrillators and RF ablators) by providing a virtual human heart capable of testing the efficacy and safety of new designs. With this role, it is feasible to test scenarios difficult if not impossible to test in the lab, and do so in a day vs one to two months with bench or animal testing, at a fraction of the cost.
The response of the Living Heart is governed by realistic electrical, structural, and fluid flow physics. The model comprises a ready to execute dynamic, electro-mechanical simulation; refined geometry; a blood flow model, and a complete characterization of cardiac tissues including passive and active behaviors, its fibrous nature, and the electrical pathways.
Backed by the power of the SIMULIA Realistic Simulation software suite, the Living Heart can readily be used to study cardiac defects and diseased states and explore treatment options. Model attributes can be modified or redefined entirely, including the geometry, loads and boundary conditions, and material properties. Medical devices can be inserted into the model to study their influence on cardiac function, to validate their efficacy, and to predict their reliability under a wide range of operating conditions.
Living Heart Human Model is built on the proven Abaqus simulation engine.
Living Heart Human Model Benefits
- Manage model complexity through device optimization, image diagnostics, and Surgical and Drug Treatments.
- Evaluate disease, patient-specific and population variations in the managed environment of the 3DEXPERIENCE cloud with multiphysics engines and tools for materials libraries, disease methodologies and simulation protocols.
- Virtual Clinical Trial – improve outcomes of clinical studies and accelerate go-to-market.
- Virtual surgery – improve effectiveness of cardiovascular devices over longer periods of time by anticipating changes in the heart.
- In-vivo or in-vitro testing – evaluate an.d improve cardiovascular devices within the beating heart.
Living Heart Human Model Highlights
- Anatomically realistic CAD model of healthy 4-chambered adult human heart.
- Calibrated models for cardiac tissue electrical and mechanical response including fiber orientations, for active and passive responses.
- Electrical pathways defined via Purkinje fibers and Bundle of His.
- Simulation-ready models with three mesh densities, predefined boundary conditions, and vascular network model.
- Physiologically realistic dynamic heart behavior including electrical excitation, cardiac motion (and stresses/strains), and blood flow.
- Interactive visualization to observe dynamic cardiac motion, stresses, strains, and propagation of electrical signals.
3DEXPERIENCE Role FAQs
SIMULIA 3DEXERIENCE Advantage
Connect with other 3DEXERIENCE roles and take advantage of cloud-computing power for your analysis
Interaction between CAD & PLM
With Structural Performance Engineer, users build simulation models directly on the design geometry.
Tight associativity with CATIA and SOLIDWORKS means that simulation and CAD always remain synchronized even after design changes. It provides access to advanced simulation technology within a consistent and intuitive interface.
Visualization tools support efficient post-processing of large-scale simulation data including an option to use remote machines for rendering and visualization computation.
Living Heart Human Model enables interrogation of realistic simulation results with speed, clarity, and control for enhanced decision making.
High Performance Computing
Extensive tools and controls for results display can be used for advanced and collaborative post-processing while utilizing High Performance Computing (HPC) resources to perform results visualization.
Simulation Review application offers Web based visualization of the geometry and simulation results for a unique collaborative experience around Simulation assets.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a Safe, Social, Connected, Informed and Structured environment for team leaders, project managers and other professionals who want to manage data on the cloud and collaborate without constraints.
Safe: Customer controlled access. Transparent cloud backup. Encrypted communication protocols. Data always safe-no overwrite, no loss of data.
Social: Integrated structured and unstructured collaboration tools enabling social innovation. Collaborate on product design or engage with your stakeholders early in product development.
Connected: Every user always connected to a single, common database. Access data anywhere, anytime, on any device. Review and markup models.
Informed: Choose from the widget library, Create and share Dashboards. Get the latest information about your product development. Always have access to your latest data.
Structured: Zero overhead data management - store and manage data across collaborative spaces, share information in communities. Find indexed data faster by using tags, custom search, etc.
Interested in the Living Heart Human Model 3DEXPERIENCE Role?
Contact us and get your questions answered today.
US 440.257.7460 | UK 01926.333777