CATIA ICEM is designed to help engineers and designers create and analyze complex surface models, making it an ideal solution for organizations looking to accelerate innovation in surface design.
Often described as the reference system for the creation of Class-A surfaces, CATIA ICEM Surf is the industry-leading Curve and Surface explicit geometry modeling tool for defining, analyzing and performing high end visualization of complex free-form shape CAD surface models to the highest quality.
Used in product design processes throughout automotive, aerospace, consumer goods and press-tool design industries, providing solutions for direct surface modeling, refinement, reconstruction and scan modelling. Advanced tools such as Global modelling and industry defined analysis tools enable designers to detect subtle surface problems and check for compliances with regulations, whilst simultaneously performing high precision surfacing and experiencing real-time 3D visualization.
CATIA ICEM builds on ICEM Surf technology, and is available on the cloud through the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, CATIA ICEM provides many surface capabilities for designing and refining complex shapes, including surface trimming, filleting, and blending, as well as tools for controlling and manipulating surface curvature and continuity. In addition, CATIA ICEM also provides advanced visualization capabilities for assessing and validating product designs. It allows users to create high-quality rendering and animations of their designs and perform a real-time visual analysis to check the quality and accuracy of their models.
CATIA ICEM powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
CATIA ICEM, powered by 3DEXPERIENCE platform, offers advanced surfacing modeling capabilities and collaborative design and engineering tools. In the following text, we will explore how this software can help engineers and designers easily create complex, high-quality surfaces and designs.
Key benefits of CATIA ICEM powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform:
- Seamless Integration: CATIA ICEM on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform is fully compatible with various CAD software and technologies, including CAM, CAE, and PLM. Using the ICEM Design Experience offers a wide selection of sculpting tools to dynamically shape designs. Users can directly push and pull the geometry and see it update in real-time.
- Enhanced Collaboration: Using CATIA ICEM on the 3DEXPERENCE platform unlocks various collaboration tools that make it easy for engineers and designers to work together on complex surface models, regardless of their location or specialty.
- Advance Modeling Tools: CATIA ICEM includes a range of tools that make it easy to create and analyze complex surface models, including advanced surface modeling, parametric surface design, and surface analysis. This includes SubD surface modeling, CAS, Class A, and reverse engineering, perfectly integrated through the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
- Visualization Tools: Powered by 3DEXPERIENCE, CATIA ICEM comes with visualization tools that make it easy to visualize and analyze surface models, including renderings, animation, and real-time simulation. These visualization tools help engineers and designers to understand the behavior of their surface models under different conditions, allowing them to optimize their design and improve the performance of their products.
- Data Management and Analysis: Thanks to 3DEXPERIENCE, you can benefit from streamlined data management, through the additional shared design databases and real-time communication tools. With all data stored centrally within the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, designers can quickly retrieve all the mechanical and electrical data they need to shape their initial design concepts, considering all requirements and restraints from the very beginning.
CATIA ICEM 3DEXPERIENCE Roles
ICEM Design Experience was intended to provide the proper tool for the right work and to enable all users to collaborate both within their own team and across departments, including marketing engineering, manufacturing, and simulation.
The application’s extensive features have been divided into five user experiences based on five different roles, including Style and Class A Modeler, Class A Expert, Transportation Designer, Surface Modeler for Aerospace and Defense, and Heavy Machinery Digital Modeler.
Read our CATIA ICEM 3DEXPERIENCE Roles article to learn more (will link once published)
In conclusion, CATIA ICEM on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform is a powerful solution for organizations looking to accelerate innovation in surface design. With its advanced modeling and visualization tools, collaboration tools, data management tools, and scalability, CATIA ICEM is an ideal solution for organizations looking to bring new products to the market faster and more effectively. Whether you are working in the automotive, aerospace, or any other industry, CATIA ICEM is the ideal solution for discovering the benefits of surface design innovation.
To learn more read our CATIA ICEM Design Experience eBook
Learn how to transition from CATIA V5 to 3DEXPERIENCE Electrical Design. You will learn how to import CATIA V5 electrical data, create Electrical Device Libraries,...