In the year 2030, it is estimated that we will travel 2.3 trillion miles on roadways annually. With the advent of new kinds of vehicles that we haven’t seen yet, the demand for safer and better-performing tires and tire engineering is growing every day. Tire manufacturers face many challenges in accelerating innovation, increasing production,…
In the year 2030, it is estimated that we will travel 2.3 trillion miles on roadways annually. With the advent of new kinds of vehicles that we haven’t seen yet, the demand for safer and better-performing tires and tire engineering is growing every day.
Tire manufacturers face many challenges in accelerating innovation, increasing production, and reducing development costs. Other challenges being faced by Tire Manufacturers include:
- Lack of collaboration between departments and traceability of data and process
- Tradeoffs between grip, wear and rolling resistance.
- Issues predicting tire performance at low and high temperatures.
However, with the integrated tire engineering solution on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, it is possible to optimize all three points of wet, wear resistance, and rolling resistance.
How can the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform Drive Advanced Tire Engineering?
- Streamlining Tire Design and Simulation: The 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides a complete end-to-end design and simulation process in a single environment for requirements to manufacturing. By using market and customer requirements, as well as past testing and simulation history, engineering can virtually create their tire cross-section layout and design their desired tread patterns.
- Enhancing Tire Performance with Advanced Simulation: Multiple advanced simulations can be done to ensure they meet their customer’s expectations. This high-fidelity simulation can test nearly every aspect of tire performance, including traction, wear, wet grip, drag, noise, and comfort. Best of all, by providing design and simulation in the same environment, the 3DEXPERIENCE platform offers continuity and traceability across disciplines and more verification cycles in less time.
- Accelerating Tire Innovation with 3DEXPERIENCE Platform’s Rapid Performance Evaluation: With tire engineering on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, manufacturers can design and test tires that meet the market’s exact specifications and receive performance evaluations within hours instead of weeks. This speed and accuracy will be crucial in keeping up with the growing demand for tires that meet the changing needs of drivers and vehicles.
- Maximizing Tire Lifespan with Wear Resistance Optimization: Another critical factor in tire performance is wear resistance. Tires must withstand wear and tear daily and maintain their performance over time. By simulating the wear and tear of tires over time, engineers can optimize tire designs to provide maximum wear resistance, reducing the need for frequent replacements and increasing the tire’s lifespan.
- Reducing Environmental Impact with Rolling Resistance Optimization: Finally, rolling resistance is another critical factor in tire performance. Rolling resistance refers to the energy required to move the tire forward, and reducing rolling resistance can improve fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. By optimizing tire designs to minimize rolling resistance, tire manufacturers can produce tires that provide better fuel efficiency, reducing the environmental impact of driving.
Other benefits include:
- Advanced simulation solutions:
- Fully automated process for easy design space exploration with the design of experiments (DOE)
- Advanced simulations to support tire testing following the SAE standards like SAE J1987, SAE J2704, SAE J2710, SAE J2717, etc.
In conclusion, tire engineering on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform offers a comprehensive set of tools and applications for tire design, simulation, and testing. By simulating tire performance under a wide range of conditions and environments, engineers can optimize tire designs to meet the specific needs of drivers and vehicles. By providing structure and simulation in the same environment, the 3DEXPERIENCE platform offers speed, accuracy, and traceability across disciplines, allowing manufacturers to keep us with the growing demand for better-performing tires. The 3DEXPERIENCE platform allows tire manufacturers to stay in the race and provide tires that meet the market’s specifications.
3DEXPERIENCE Platform with TriMech Enterprise Solutions
Our TriMech Enterprise Solutions team is experienced with implementing the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, which can be installed as an in-house or cloud-based solution for globally dispersed enterprises.
Get in touch today to find out how you can benefit from our Tire Engineering Solutions