Medical device development is a complex process that involves extensive research, testing, and validation. The success of medical devices is determined by their ability to operate safely and reliably under varying conditions. A crucial challenge in medical device development is simulating fluid dynamics to predict how devices will function in the body. Fortunately, this is…
Medical device development is a complex process that involves extensive research, testing, and validation. The success of medical devices is determined by their ability to operate safely and reliably under varying conditions. A crucial challenge in medical device development is simulating fluid dynamics to predict how devices will function in the body. Fortunately, this is where SIMULIA comes in.
What is SIMULIA?
Powered by Abaqus and the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, SIMULIA applications accelerate the process of evaluating the performance, reliability and safety of materials and products before committing to physical prototypes.
With SIMULIA, you can make virtual testing and analysis a standard business practice, helping you to reduce errors and accelerate innovation with everything you need for FEA, CFD, FEM and co-simulation analysis all within one unified package.
What are the core capabilities of SIMULIA?
Powered by 3DEXPERIENCE on the cloud, SIMULIA 3DEXPERIENCE takes simulation from a vertical engineering function to a horizontal business process throughout the enterprise with core capabilities within:
- Structural Simulation (FEA)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Electromagnetic Simulation
- Multi-Body Dynamic Simulation
- Topology Optimization
- Vibro-Acoustic Simulation
- Process Automation and Optimization
How can SIMULIA help the Life Science sector?
SIMULIA is a powerful simulation software that can be used to accelerate medical device development by simulating fluid dynamics. This allows engineers to create virtual models of medical devices and simulate how they will perform in and/or with the body under a variety of conditions. By using SIMULIA, engineers can identify potential issues early in the development process, which can save time and reduce costs.
Key Capabilities for Life Sciences and Medical Devices include:
- Human Tissue Modeling
- Medical Stent Simulation
- Surgical Equipment Simulation
- Orthopaedics Simulation
- Fluid Simulation
- And more.
What are the benefits of using SIMULIA for Medical Devices?
There are several benefits of using SIMULIA for medical device development, including but not limited to:
- Enabling engineers to optimize device design by providing accurate predictions of device performance. Leading to improved device functionality and better patient outcomes.
- Reduce the need for physical testing, which can be time-consuming and expensive. By simulating device performance in a virtual environment, engineers can identify issues before physical testing is required, which can save both time and money.
- Analyze how devices will behave in different patient populations. For example, SIMULIA can be used to simulate how a medical device will perform in a patient with a specific disease or condition. This can help engineers design devices that are tailored to specific patient populations, which can improve patient outcomes.
- Meet regulatory requirements. By simulating device performance in a virtual environment, engineers can provide regulators with detailed information about how devices will perform in the body. This can help manufacturers obtain regulatory approval more quickly and efficiently.
Discover the power of SIMULIA’s Computational Fluid Dynamics portfolio and how it can accelerate Life Sciences and Healthcare innovation by watching this webinar.
SIMULIA is a powerful simulation portfolio that offers numerous benefits for medical device development. It enables engineers to create virtual models of medical devices and simulate their performance in the body under various conditions. This aids them in optimizing device design, reducing the need for physical testing, and comprehending device behaviour in various patient populations.
In addition, SIMULIA can assist medical device manufacturers in meeting regulatory requirements by providing detailed information about device performance in the body. Using SIMULIA can save time and reduce costs, while enhancing device functionality and patient outcomes. In conclusion, SIMULIA is an indispensable tool for anyone involved in medical device development.
Looking for more information? See how you seamlessly you can introduce SIMULIA in your design process by contacting our team today.