In this article, we will explore how the 3DEXPERIENCE platform can help you identify and implement a transformational supply chain of the future strategy to ensure resilience and agility.
Ongoing disruption requires companies to make a fundamental shift in their supply chain strategy. Addressing industry and internal challenges requires a transformation of people, processes and technologies to reach new levels of agility and visibility across the entire value network.
Addressing the Five Supply Chain Strategy Focus areas with 3DEXPERIENCE
1. Sales & Operations Planning powered by 3DEXPERIENCE
Define a best-in-class process that focuses on the financial and operational aspects of the business: orders, material, capacity, inventory, and fulfillment. Bring together all stakeholders in the value network to create a consensus plan that provides an executive view of the possible economic results and drives optimized fulfillment of customer demand while minimizing risk.
With the 3DEXPERIENCE Sales and Operations Planning solution, organizations can:
- Unlock real-time end-to-end visibility over the supply chain.
- Eliminate silos to enable all stakeholders to collaborate in planning.
- Optimize operational planning to drive improved financial results.
- Optimize fulfillment of customer demand and reduce inventory.
- Minimize risk by planning resilient supply chains that respond to disruption with agility.
2. Production Scheduling powered by 3DEXPERIENCE
Create realistic schedules that can adjust in real time to manage daily production, machine maintenance, rush orders, material availability, demand forecasts, and lead times. Use Virtual Twin Experience to keep profitability and customer expectations at the core of production planning with workable schedules that balance the variables of production, including your company’s unique manufacturing constraints, while aligning to business financial and operational goals.
With 3DEXPERIENCE Production Scheduling organizations can:
- Replace manual, error-prone scheduling processes with automated digital ones.
- Reduce hours dedicated to planning and shift focus towards value-added tasks.
- Minimize errors and create optimal schedules.
- Easy identification and mitigation of potential bottlenecks.
- Improve production capacity through optimized utilization of assets.
3. Transportation & Logistics Planning powered by 3DEXPERIENCE
Deliver superior service consistently at lower costs with optimized planning of inventory, trucks, and drivers. Optimize processes across logistics and transportation that reduce lead times, minimize carbon emissions and meet customers’ demands with complete orders. Enable communication between planners and employees in the field for plans that remain accurate and up to date.
With 3DEXPERIENCE Transportation & Logistics Planning, organizations can:
- Gain real-time visibility over all available transport assets and drivers.
- Consider all constraints in logistics planning, including regulatory compliance.
- Create optimized logistics plans that reduce lead times.
- Maximize order fulfillment to drive profitability.
- Create efficient transportation plans to minimize carbon emissions.
- Respond to disruptions with agility to mitigate risk.
4. Workforce Planning powered by 3DEXPERIENCE
Integrate planning and scheduling processes in a single environment to strike the right balance between operational efficiency, regulations, employee satisfaction, and customer service. From long-range capacity planning to daily task scheduling, get valuable real-time insights to create and optimize work schedules while minimizing the effect of disruptions. This results in an improved customer experience and higher employee morale.
With 3DEXPERIENCE Workforce Planning, organizations can:
- Automatically consider labor rules and safety regulations
- Easily match the right employees, equipment and tasks
- Plan their work schedules strategically to maximize capacity
- Drive improved work quality, speed and satisfaction for both employees and customers
5. Operations Execution powered by 3DEXPERIENCE
Achieve responsive operational performance to reach the next level of excellence. Make significant improvements to efficiency through orchestrating activities and tasks against plans while proactively minimizing the impact of unplanned events. Real-time visibility and operational management control deliver performance status, alerts, tasks, and feedback for continuous optimization to all manufacturing and the supply chain stakeholders.
With 3DEXPERIENCE Operations Execution, organizations can:
- Leverage IoT visibility to make improvements to shop floor operations in real time
- Orchestrate operational processes flawlessly in accordance with production plans
- Respond to unplanned events with agility to minimize downtime
- Analyze data on operational performance for continuous optimization
Driving Visibility and Transparency with Virtual Twin Technology
The supply chain is still identified as a siloed and linear ecosystem. Suppliers need to change their communication methods with OEMs to create a tighter, seamless integration. This will transform the supply chain into a value network – which can ensure full access to any required data, skills and talents, as well as real-time social collaboration between individuals, groups or organizations.
Virtual Twins of the supply chain and product, combined with manufacturing execution can be powerful tools to enable the next generation of companies that become resilient to disruption. There are many considerations to reach this end state though and technology alone is not the only factor.
With the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform you can create, analyze and optimize supply chain processes in a virtual environment, allowing you to simulate and test what-if scenarios.
Get in touch today to start your supply chain transformation journey
In this short interview, our Business Transformation Technical Director, Adam Bannaghan, talks us through all things Digital Thread and Digital Twin
In industries where every millisecond and/or gram counts, there is a persistent need to minimise part weight and maximise stiffness and performance, all while reducing...